Lasers and Dentistry
Lasers are an effective way to treat problems with soft tissue and present no significant danger to the patient. The laser itself is very low powered, which is necessary for performing delicate procedures. The controlled light and heat that comes from the laser destroys bacteria and viruses that may be present in periodontal pockets.
We use the laser to control:
- Gum disease
- Perform gum contouring
- Treat cold sores(herpes lesions)and canker
- Decrease pain experienced by these sores
There are many benefits that come with the use of periodontal lasers:
- Shorter healing periods
- Minimal or no anesthesia
- Less risk of infection (dental laser kills bacteria)
- Less bleeding
- Less sensitivity in the treated areas
- Less discomfort after the procedure
- Less time spent in the dentist's office
Ask Dr. Doumit about laser dentistry today!